Tipping & Acceptance — Bring your compostables to us
When our 65 gallon roll-out cart based commercial collection service isn't a good fit, Black Bear Composting also allows customers
to bring organic materials to our facility (a.k.a. tipping) for recycling. Black Bear's Crimora location is not open to the public, but is
available to customers with accounts in good standing.
Black Bear accepts organics from tree care services, landscapers, utilities, municipalities and other organizations that tend to collect organic
materials from multiple locations.
Black Bear accepts:
Black Bear does NOT accept:
- Yard Trimmings: leaves, grass clippings (untreated), mulch, clippings
- Agricultural Crop Residues: harvesting residuals, straw, cornstalks and more
- Food Processing Wastes (solids only): culls, peelings, hulls, pulp and more
- Source-separated food scraps and food-soiled paper products
- Only bags certified compostable by the BPI or paper-based yard bags
- Only from businesses with an account with us
Black Bear Composting Tip Fees:
- Mixed Municipal Solid Waste
- Medical, Toxic or Radioactive Wastes
- Treated wood
- Brush, clippings longer than 12", stumps
- Wood chips, ground wood, leaves and yard trimmings: $0/cubic yard
- Food processing & source-separated food scraps: $45/ton
Customers with accounts must have incoming materials pre-approved in case samples or lab tests are required. All incoming materials are
also inspected for contaminants. Rejected loads will be removed at the hauler's expense.
Click here to request a tipping account with Black Bear Composting.